The tone knows
What Is TONE?
TONE Technologies, in its simplest form, is an “audio-QR Code” or audio beacon. The patented technology utilizes inaudible sound fragments called “TONE-Tags” to deliver ads, coupons, special offers, or other content to any smartphone within range, enabling companies to activate and monetize audiences ANYWHERE and ANYTIME, all without the expensive hardware of traditional audio tech.
How does TONE Work?
TONE can be delivered either digitally or physically. In a digital implementation, a TONE-Tag is layered into any broadcast, song or podcast, live performance, interview, website, in-venue PA system, or virtually any medium with sound. For physical spaces, specialized TONE-Emitters—very small, battery-powered transmitters—emit TONE-Tags up to 50 feet, perfect for use in a department, store shelf, display, or signage. Once the TONE-Tag is perceived by a mobile device, it triggers the consumer’s mobile phone and delivers content.
Why TONE Over Other Audio Tech?
- Easy to use and integrate into marketing campaigns.
- 100% passive and doesn’t require the user to “do” anything to work.
- Does not require expensive hardware, network connectivity, or other costly investments to implement.
- Not restricted to physical areas—it can go where beacons can’t reach.
- Ensures user privacy by only listening for Tone-Tags and never recording anything.